Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Tap House, Steamboat Springs, CO

After a long day of skiing under bluebird skies and champagne powder and hustling to Sunday night mass nothing is better than a delightful bloody mary. A ski town can't mess up a bloody anywhere can they? I mean my reviews for Rex's weren't the best but they were still solid bloody marys, the bar is just raised in a location such as Steamboat. I mean this is not Fremont anymore so everything must be better...

The hardest thing to do is to pick where to eat. Seriously, everyone always says "I don't care.." but secretly everyone does care. The previous year we ventured to a place called the Tap House and had good success minus watching the Huskers struggle with USC but that's besides the point, a standard thing these days. (We did beat UCLA a few days ago so things are looking up, #Riledup). Anyway, after the disappointment of not having Busch Light I remembered that I was craving a bloody mary. I have Bar ADD... I get real disoriented and stuff and forget what life is when I walk in a bar.

Appearance: 3/10 This is a tough category to get points in because the standard thing to do is put the drink in a glass and add a straw. I'm looking for fun glasses or anything unique. Nothing unique with this bad boy... Average red color and very few floaties. 

Garnishes: 4/10 Neat olive and pepperocini but the pepper was mini which means partially worthless. Interesting approach on the lemon but you know how I feel about lemons and limes....

Spice/Bang: 4/10 I have to be honest. Nothing about the flavor jumps out at me nor do I remember hardly anything. I mean this was like 3 days ago and if it doesn't stand out then it must've been lame. I remember drinking it very quickly so the chugability must've been alright. 

Desire: 2/10 If I don't remember it now then I don't want to go back for the bloody, great chili burger though! 

Price: 2/10 A little pricey for the flavor

Overall: 15/50 Don't waste your time with the bloody. I was much more interested in the craft beer list and sampling some of those. Great food as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment