Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Tanner's, Omaha

I have a good friend I'll call Mikey who talks a lot about and spends a lot of time at a place called Tanner's. I'm not going to go into detail on the amount of time he spends there or what he does there but it's enough to interest me in the establishment. Oh -and they serve chicken wings. I'm not going to start in on the incredible feels chicken wings give me.. I was there early in the evening and bloody marys are always good early so I decided to enjoy one!



Appearance: 6/10 The plastic cup is gimmicky but kind of fun and shows the trade mark chicken lips. Super trendy! 

Garnishes: 5/10 Interesting approach... the salted rim is kind of neat but pretty useless when there is a straw. Why not salt the rim of the straw? That'd be really dumb but would get effort points! The pickle was in the form of dill chips.... Different but unique... and the STUPID LIME! I don't like limes... talk about a case for cryptospordiosis. Good on the olives.

Spice/Bang: 7/10 Zing Zang. Nothing ever goes wrong with Zing Zang. Good floaties, good vodka/mixer ratio and a fun color with a deep red hue. 

Desire: 7/10 I would absolute go to Tanners again for the bloody. What a great place to watch a game with an 11am kick off and yes..... the wings, oh the wings. They were so good. And I have to admit, when the bloody has a great mate, like the wings, it makes every day better. I could've eaten 30 of the wings. Remind me to go back with stretchy pants next time! 

Price: 6/10 The price was $4 which isn't terrible and is competitive so I can't use it as an excuse. 

Overall: 31/50  A really solid bar bloody. Paired with chicken wings the bad boy makes me turn into a smiley drooling good boy! I highly recommend kicking off a game day with a Tanner's bloody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment