Thursday, December 31, 2015

Slopeside Bar and Grill, Steamboat Springs, CO

I had one of these bad boys last year with my brother Jeff and I recalled them being pretty good. This is still on the heels of my embarrassing knee tweak injury thingy and of course seeing a bar at the bottom makes everything feel better, especially when the rest of the group wants to keep skiing. I don't blame them, it was gorgeous and it was only like 12:30... I'm still angry I didn't suck it up and keep going but the bloody made me feel slightly better. The seating outside watching the slopes was a bonus too. This bloody has by far the best picture.


Appearance: 7/10 One of them blasted plastic cups but remember the waste thingy or whatever... Great floaties and the horseradish floaties are always fun! Perfect red color.

Garnishes: 3/10 Stupid lemon and lime. Token Olive

Spice/Bang: 6/10 Good flavor with the horseradish. Taste a lot like calvin and cleos horseradish mix but it was fine. Like I said, the setting adds to the flavor. The rim of had some flavored salt that added a little as well.

Desire: 8/10 Due to the setting I would crush one of these at any time. If it was at just any bar it would still be fine but nothing special.

Price: 7/10 I don't remember the price but it was under $8 which was kind of surprising given the location. Remember that with a location like this you can't get real picky on price.

Overall: 31/50 A solid bloody mary but I expected more. Everything was pointing in the right direction until the STUPID LEMON AND LIME... and plastic cup. I'm getting picky now.. Remember though, I would take this anytime because Steamboat. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment